KOTA KINABALU: Only a Royal Commission of Inquiry can resolve allegations on the issuance of MyKads to illegal immigrants in Sabah, social activist Datuk Patrick Sindu said on Sunday.
He said the problem had been a concern for Malaysian citizens in the state for far too long, yet no concrete action has been taken.
"We have had Members of Parliament (MP) and assemblymen, either from the Barisan Nasional side or the opposition, raising the matter in the relevant legislative houses.
"The people of Sabah want a Royal Commission of Inquiry to look into this matter," he told Bernama when contacted here.
Yesterday, its MP Datuk Abdul Ghapur Salleh urged the National Registration Department (NRD) to clarify allegations made by Sabah Parti Keadilan Rakyat deputy chief Datuk Kong Hong Ming that about 200 illegal immigrants, mostly Bugis, were ferried by buses and taxis, to Kampung Kalabakan Tengah for the registration exercise last month. - NST